Challenger is searching for a Logistics Sales Executive to join our 3PL Logistics Team in our rapidly growing office located in downtown Long Beach, CA.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people with a hunter mentality, who are resilient, team-oriented and driven because we are focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit.
If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then you should apply with us.
Through leadership, drive and ingenuity, your primary responsibilities will be directing sales efforts to expand the customer base for our Logistics Division. The goal will be to generate net new business and ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. The Logistics Sales Executive will be an integral part of our aggressive growth plans in North America.
This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional looking to accelerate their career. Having the flexibility of a start-up company with untapped customers, but the security of working for a well-established company with an International presence.
What’s In It For You?
- The ability to use your entrepreneurial spirit to be a part of and lead a start-up location
- Great opportunities to work with industry professionals
- Accelerated career growth potential
- Competitive base compensation + incentive program
What You Will Do:
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Manage a balanced sales funnel, execute all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually secure new business
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes
- Grow and maintain new business in an assigned territory
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining close contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues
- Provide a solution based sales approach to drive new business across multiple lines of business; LTL, intermodal, air, ocean & warehousing
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures
What You Bring To The Table:
You have an unbelievable work ethic – better than anyone you know – with the drive and resiliency to win. Your unwavering resolve allows you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and time-sensitive environment. Most importantly you will always Go the Distance to make it happen for our Carriers.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience with Logistics Operations and Sales
- Post-secondary education is highly desirable in Transportation/Logistics or a college degree in a related field
- Assertive and persuasive hunter sales style with great negotiation skills – your specialty is closing the deal
- Drive, desire and resiliency to win
- Great problem solving, creativity, decision making ability and determination
- Unwavering resolve that allows you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and time-sensitive environment
- Strong communicator, positive attitude with great people skills
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (ability to leverage Excel, Word, Outlook etc)
- Experience with using transportation management systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's Business (Knowledge and understanding of the customer product, ability to flowchart the customer's basic supply chain, speak the customer's language and understand the customer's key service measures, etc.)
- Industry Expertise (Transportation industry knowledge such as rates, domestic and international market, including key terminology and general knowledge of primary customer industries)
- Geographical Expertise (continental US and Canada)
- Understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time, including DOT & Speed governance), including Transit time difference based on mode
How To Apply:
If you’re willing to Go The Distance, please apply via our company website: https://www.challenger.com/careers/
Challenger Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Logistics to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.