Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser-focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join us.
The Optimization Analyst will be responsible for customer-specific design and optimization, as well as overall truckload network optimization. In addition, they will be responsible for managing other corporate cost-saving optimization models and providing in depth analysis and solutions. This role requires a candidate with excellent analytical skills, and an ability to work closely in cross-functional teams. The Optimization Analyst will be a key member of the Yield Management team.
The chosen candidate will be a critical thinker with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to complete a wide range of optimization planning and analysis while also being able to work in a team and collaborate on a wide variety of optimization initiatives.
What you will get from the role:
- Opportunity to leverage your attention to detail and critical thinking skills to create solutions that balance Operational needs with cost saving initiatives
- Responsibility to lead customer-specific lane optimization and directly impact Challenger’s truckload network design
- A balance between independent analysis, and cross-functional collaboration with peers
- The opportunity to present your findings and recommendations to leaders within the organization
- Assignments that utilize your high level of MS Excel skills, with the opportunity to develop advanced skill sets in VBA for MS Excel
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- Opportunity to support the continuous improvement environment and set new standards for customer and operational design
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow you to have accountability and ownership of the analysis completed
- Health, Dental , and Vision plan
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Customer-Specific Lane Optimization: Using in-house processes, design customer-specific lane optimization for Challenger’s largest customers on a regular basis
- Fuel Optimization: Support corporate fuel optimization software and lead analysis for fuel procurement and purchasing decisions
- KPI Reporting and Improvement: Monitoring key indicators, such as: productivity per week, resource allocation and usage, dwell time, fuel savings and lost savings, MPG’s and more. Recommending solutions and managing action plans to improve trending on all key indicators
- Data Management: Manage the data integrity of monthly lane-specific data used in network design, and assist in the management of fuel and supplier information in a corporate database
- Process Creation: Ensure documentation and adoption of new processes and as needed, train relevant stakeholders. Foster a culture of continuous improvement and a willingness to demonstrate initiative in making improvements and resolving issues
- Liaising: Working very closely with Operationally focused stakeholders to balance driver and operational needs with corporate cost-saving processes
- Communication & Collaboration: Regular communication with internal team members and customers in a supportive and collaborative manner
- To perform other Yield Management related duties as required
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Strong MS Excel experience with a proven record of utilizing MS Excel to its complete capabilities – VBA knowledge is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field an asset
- Strong attention to detail with a desire to ensure accuracy
- A quick learner, with the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Great time management and organizational skills in order to meet multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Transportation experience/knowledge or a strong interest in network optimization preferred
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Highly Competent in the use of all MS Office Suite
- Possess a good working knowledge of the geography of North America
- Ability to handle difficult situations with internal and external customers
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Optimization Analyst may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.