It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
Challenger is growing and we are looking for an experienced individual to grow our Carrier base in our Burnaby, BC location. Through leadership, drive, and ingenuity, your primary responsibilities will be to grow and manage our Carrier base, help link loads to qualified carriers, and strengthen relationships and services with existing carriers.
You have an unbelievable work ethic – better than anyone you know – with the drive and resiliency to win. Your unwavering resolve allows you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and time-sensitive environment. Most importantly you will always Go the Distance to make it happen for our Carriers.
What’s In It for You?
The ability to use your entrepreneurial spirit to be a part of and lead a start-up location
Great opportunities to work with industry professionals and for career growth
Competitive base compensation + incentive program
What You Do:
- Help increase our current Carrier base along with maintaining a strong relationship with our current Carriers.
- Manage the coordination of freight movements via Road and Intermodal, TL / LTL
- Drive high margin growth through effective spot quote and pricing solutions.
- Load booking, dispatching, track and trace and rating in Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Work closely with carriers to monitor shipment status for timely customer updates and high quality of service.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications.
- Notify Shipper and/or Receiver of Load Status and reschedule pick-up/delivery appointments when necessary.
- Set-up New Locations in TMS, (Shippers/Receivers); and/or Set-up new vendors
- (Upload vendor profile sheet, assign vendor code, contact vendor to determine shipping dates, hours or operations, etc.)
- Correspond with customers and carriers regarding detention information
- Constantly review work processes to drive continuous improvement
- Continually look for opportunities to learn, always challenging the status quo
Your Performance Indicators
- Revenue Growth - Grow revenue through increased market share with existing customers and new customer penetration.
- Freight Covered Daily - Exceed customer on-time pick-up and delivery expectations.
- Customer Relationship - Consistent and professional communication; effective, prompt and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, relaying service failures, corrective action, etc.
- Carrier Relationship - Productive carrier expansion & relationship development, cover loads, handling and management of difficult situations, problem solving etc.
- Financial Procedures and Operating Metrics - Detention management, research/resolving invoice discrepancies, benchmark rate achievement, automation objectives, expedite decisions and cost, etc.
What You Bring to the Table
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience with logistics operations and sales management
- All-star work ethic with a desire to win and foster a motivated work environment
- Working Knowledge and Utilization of transportation management systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools (Ability to leverage Excel and other MS programs, including Word, Outlook, Lync, etc...)
- Knowledge of the Customer's Business (Knowledge and understanding of the customer product, ability to flowchart the customer's basic supply chain, speak the customer's language and understand the customer's key service measures, etc.)
- Industry Expertise (Transportation industry knowledge like rates and the domestic and international market, including key terminology; and, general knowledge of primary customer industries)
- Geographical Expertise (Geographical understanding of the continental US and Canada. Understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time, including DOT & Speed governance), Including Transit time difference based on mode.
- Post-secondary education is highly desirable in Transportation/Logistics or a college degree in a related field.
- Great problem solving, creativity, decision making ability and determination
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency in a highly time-sensitive environment.
- Assertive/persuasive sales mentality and great negotiation skills – your specialty is closing the deal.
- Strong communicator, positive attitude with great people skills
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in Burnaby, BC
If you’re willing to go the distance, please apply.
Challenger Logistics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Logistics Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.