Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. As one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, we provide an exciting and challenging work environment where leadership, respect, teamwork, transparency and commitment are everyday values.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 30 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- Career development
- Best in class working environment
- Team atmosphere
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Tiered benefit plans including health, dental and vision coverage
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service Department.
What you will get from the role:
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with team members across the organization
- Work with a high performing, focused team
- Contribute directly to the corporate goals of the organization
- Continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- Opportunity to maximize your time management skills by dealing with competing deadlines
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Book pickup and delivery appointments and schedule as required
- Notify external and internal customers of late arrival
- Trace loads, inquire on rates and capacity
- Answer incoming calls and transfer appropriately
- Data enter orders via EDI or manually inputting into the system
- Data enter pickup/delivery times once confirmed recording details pertaining to all departments and shipper, consignee and driver
- Supply accurate information and updates through online portals for various customers and weekly reporting charts as needed
- Trouble shoot problems including rescheduling and cancellation of loads
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in customer service or a call center
- Secondary School diploma
- Transportation industry experience would be an asset
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and customer focused
- Willingness to take the initiative in resolving issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and effective problem solving ability
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with a high level of organization and sense of urgency
- Ability to handle difficult situations with internal and external customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated
- Service Orientated
- Monday to Friday - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
If you are willing to go the distance, apply today!
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.