Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. As one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, we provide an exciting and challenging work environment where leadership, respect, teamwork, transparency and commitment are everyday values.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 30 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- Career development
- Best in class working environment
- Team atmosphere
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Tiered benefit plans including health, dental and vision coverage
Challenger is looking for an HR Business Partner who will play an integral role as both a member of the HR team and as a leader for our corporate change initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will have primary responsibility for implementing change best practice and competency into the workplace. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done to make a significant contribution in positioning a forward-thinking company to the next level of achievement.
- Provide subject matter expertise to project teams and leadership in the area of change management.
- Develop change management strategy appropriate to the work environment and present in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Deliver change management plans (i.e., communication plan, training plan, coaching plan, sponsor roadmap, resistance management plan, change champion network etc.) to address and mitigate identified concerns
- Monitors progress against change management and adoption objectives, identifying risks and opportunities and developing action plans to course correct in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Measure and assess the impact of change related initiatives
- Facilitate training programs and workshops as required
- Creates or supports the development of change related communications
HR Business Partner:
- Responsible for monthly training sessions with company-wide people leaders.
- Coach and council managers regarding HR and change related inquiries, and provide accurate interpretation and compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Act as a first point of contact for employees and management with respect to all HR related matters
- Partnering with managers to resolve employee relations issues, including performance management, progressive discipline, and workplace investigations as required
- Support the Director, HR in the development, launch, and maintenance of HR programs and initiatives
- Proactively drive a safe, positive, and healthy workplace for all employees.
- Other duties and initiatives as required
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- 5-7 years experience in Human Resources position
- Change management certification (ADKAR or equivalent) strongly preferred
- CHRP/CHRL designation an asset
- Experience leading and managing organizational change management initiatives and activities including culture change and/or software implementations
- Strong partnership development and relationship management skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Results oriented and self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills with experience in facilitation and training considered an asset
- Prior HR Generalist experience providing guidance on training, employee relations, performance management, organizational development, and talent management.
If you are willing to go the distance, apply today!
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.