Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser-focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join us.
The Profitability Analyst is responsible for maximizing profitability for Challenger on all divisions, with an emphasis on all closed van full truckload shipments, by utilizing in-depth analysis, liaising with Operations for solutions and managing deadlines in a fast-paced team environment. This role requires a candidate with excellent analytical skills and an ability to summarize data in a simple manner.
The chosen candidate will be a critical thinker with the ability to work independently to complete a wide range of analysis while also being able to work in a team to collaborate and support on a wide variety of profit-related initiatives.
What you will get from the role:
- Opportunity to consistently utilize your critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Responsibility to lead and directly impact Challenger’s profitability and cost saving’s initiatives
- A balance between independent analysis, and cross-functional collaboration with peers
- The opportunity to present your findings and recommendations to leaders within the organization
- Assignments that utilize your high level of MS Excel skills, with the opportunity to develop advanced skill sets in VBA for MS Excel
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- Responsibility of developing strong business relationships inside and outside of the organization
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy to influence corporate profitability and cost savings initiatives
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Project Management: Leading and participating in team projects that help improve Challenger’s bottom line. Liaising with stakeholders from various departments to ensure we are on track and managing change
- Analysis: Utilizing In-house software for lane analysis and creating action plans to improve profitability on a lane-by-lane, or customer-by-customer basis
- KPI Reporting & Improvement: Monitoring key indicators, such as: contribution per mile, loaded versus empty miles, trailer pool ratios, MPG’s and others. Recommending solutions and managing action plans to improve trending on all key indicators
- Process Creation: Able to achieve efficient solutions for workflow management to ensure documentation and adoption of new processes. Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Data Presentation: Creating tailored summaries and presentations of large data analysis for internal stakeholders
- Pricing recommendation: Providing recommendations to assist the Pricing Analysts with developing sustainable pricing that are both: consistent with our corporate goals and meet our operational needs
- Yield Management: Leading action plans that ensure our quality of revenue continues to improve, while meeting tight deadlines
- Demand Optimization: Improving our ability to anticipate demand and allocate capacity, in order to maximize capacity utilization of all assets
- Operational Support: Supporting Operational initiatives by providing data analysis and recommendations as needed
- Liaising: Work very closely with other analytically minded stakeholders to optimize our network balance in specific corridors or regions across North America
- Communication & Collaboration: Ongoing, active and frequent interaction with Operations, Sales and Logistics to ensure that all costs are accounted for, and all realities of our operational network are considered when analyzing opportunities
- Customer Service: Excellent ability to deal with internal team members and customers in a positive and supportive manner
- Process Improvement: Willingness to take the initiative in making improvements and resolving issues
- To go, above and beyond, when necessary to ensure the team’s success, credibility and accuracy of work is exceeding expectations
- To perform other related duties as required
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Strong VBA for MS Excel experience
- At least 1 year experience in an analytical role, utilizing MS Excel to its complete capabilities
- Power BI, PowerPivot experience an asset
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field an asset
- Transportation experience/knowledge or a strong interest in network/ capacity optimization preferred
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Advanced skills with databases and spreadsheets preferred
- A quick learner, with the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Highly Competent in the use of all MS Office Suite
- Possess a good working knowledge of the geography of North America
- Ability to handle difficult situations with internal and external customers
- Great time management and organizational skills
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Profitability Analyst may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.