Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. As one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, we provide an exciting and challenging work environment where leadership, respect, teamwork, transparency and commitment are everyday values.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 30 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- Career development
- Best in class working environment
- Team atmosphere
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Tiered benefit plans including health, dental and vision coverage
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Manager to join our Operations Department.
What you will get from the role:
- Assignments that utilize your high level of relationship building skills
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with team members across the organization
- Work with a high performing, focused team
- Contribute directly to the corporate goals of the organization
- Continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- Opportunity to maximize your time management skills by dealing with competing deadlines
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Supervision of Customer Service Representatives and Account Managers:
- Establish individual targets for Account Managers that are in line with corporate goals and customer targets
- Process lead for processes and tools required to service large/high profile customers
- Ensure that staff is properly trained to perform duties and perform regular process checks
- Ensure customer scorecards and other reports (internal and external) are complete and accurate
- Provide regular feedback and coaching
- Conduct formal performance reviews
- Ensure Customer Service processes and Key Process and Results Indictors are standardized nationally
- Be the internal Voice of the Customer and proactively communicate customers or lanes that have had service issues
- Summarize service issues and factors affecting service so corrective actions can be implemented
- Manage and communicate service issues proactively and liaise between customer and operations to resolve issues.
- Ensure alignment of Customer Service team with Operations (Planner/Driver Coordinator), Logistics, Invoicing and Sales
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate quality and quantity of orders booked daily by each Customer Service Representative
- Implement standard response times for email and telephone communication
- Ensure EDI transmissions and/or faxed load confirmations are accepted in a timely fashion by Customer Service
- Establish departmental vacation and holiday schedules and manage attendance policies to ensure adequate coverage
- Work with Accounts Receivable for customer coding for billing purposes
- Enter new customer codes into computer system (not bill to)
What you need to be successful in the role:
- 5+ years of Leadership experience (coaching and mentoring people)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Positive attitude/service oriented disposition
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent activities with a high level of organization and sense of urgency
- Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills
Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
If you are willing to go the distance, apply today!
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.