Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser-focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join us.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our Sales and Marketing Department.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible to lead corporate marketing, branding, advertising and communication efforts across all divisions to increase awareness, sales growth, and recruiting marketing efforts. This role is also responsible for managing marketing projects, budget and developing the marketing team.
What you will get from the role:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
- Office hours; Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours/week)
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the marketing strategy to align with corporate vision, mission and values
- Analyze return on investment (ROI) for all marketing efforts
- Plan, budget and oversee all marketing projects
- Compose and distribute professionally written corporate communication content
- Liaise with senior leadership to develop and create corporate communications
- Plan, coordinate and implement marketing and promotional campaigns
- Oversee corporate, division and recruitment advertisements
- Manage agency support for graphic design, video production and branding as required
- Oversee promotional product purchases and manage promotional items
- Coordinate and submit marketing materials to preferred vendors
- Plan, organize and communicate sponsorships, social and corporate events
- Delegate and assign appropriate responsibilities for marketing employees
- Mentor and guide marketing employees to achieve individual and departmental goals
- Monitor and brand social media messaging
- Perform other duties as required
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communication, business or related field
- 3-5 years’ marketing and communications experience is required
- 3-5 years’ managerial or supervisory experience is required
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Understand traditional and emerging marketing trends, channels and methodologies
- Creative and effective problem solving ability
- Strong computer skills with an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Professional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Capacity to write effective, engaging, and compelling copy for a variety of communications materials
- Experience planning and coordinating website content; writing for and maintaining, social media, Internet and Intranet websites
- Experience with desktop publishing skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to exercise tact and judgment in managing a diversity of internal and external contacts
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, creative, professional and a positive team member
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Marketing Communications Manager may be right for you.
Please visit our website for application instructions. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.