Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
The Logistics Coordinator- CPE is responsible for coordinating the movement of freight using third party carriers. They effectively negotiate rates with carriers and provide 3PL solutions to Challenger’s customers.
What you will get from the role:
- Autonomy to manage the business in your assigned regions
- Assignments that utilize your high level of relationship building skills
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with team members across the organization
- Work with a high performing, focused team
- Contribute directly to the corporate goals of the organization
- Continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- Opportunity to maximize your time management skills by dealing with competing deadlines
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Responsibility of developing strong business relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide 3PL solutions to Challenger customers
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all truckload, less than truckload freight using partner carrier equipment
- Effectively negotiate truckload and less than truckload rates with customers and third party carriers to achieve a profitable margin
- Work closely with carriers to monitor shipment status for timely customer updates and high quality of service.
- Coordinate shipments between partner carriers and customers
- Communicate dispatch information and assist with driver inquiries
- Form relationships with quality carriers who will assist Challenger in moving customer freight
- Advise Customer Service promptly of any impending service failures
What you need to be successful in the role:
- 2 years Logistics Brokerage and/or Planning experience
- Industry Expertise- Transportation industry knowledge including, effective partner carriers, rates, the domestic and international market, terminology and, general knowledge of primary customer industries
- A competitive desire to win
- The ability to operate with a sense of urgency in a highly time-sensitive environment
- Great negotiation skills – your specialty is closing the deal
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated accountability in your decision making
- Effective communications skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem solving techniques
- Working knowledge of Link Logistics, Excel and Transport Management Software
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
** third party logistics, logistics broker, 3PL, LTL, FTL, Transportation Management **